A Statement from Innervisions
regarding our Lost In A Moment event in Barcelona:
"We know that many of you are disappointed about not being able to secure tickets our Lost In A Moment event at El Monasterio in June. A few of you have raised questions about how many tickets were actually available, why this isn’t happening at a larger venue, why there was technical errors for some of you and if it was fans or ticket re-sellers that purchased most of the tickets. Overnight we went through all the ticketing data with RA and would like to help by answering your questions:
- There were 1,000 tickets available for pre-sale purchase. At one price.
- The party could have moved to a larger venue and sold more tickets and made more money, but maintaining the magic of the last two years was the most important thing for us.
- As many of you will have noticed all available tickets were sold in under three minutes, the vast majority of these in the first minute they were available. This suggests that most people were refreshing the page at 12 CET exactly and completing the checkout immediately.
- Demand for this event was unprecedented. This is the most popular Lost In A Moment event of the year with people from across Europe buying tickets, often coming with large groups of friends.
- The average order was 2.6 tickets and we have checked the system for large orders that maybe for on selling. Anyone suspected of that will have their orders cancelled.
- The max order for one person is 6 tickets and no one could have had time to process more than one order.
- The payment gateway used by RA is WorldPay, the same system used by major E-retailers that handle huge daily volumes of transactions. Eg Amazon.
- A number of you reported errors at the final stage in the checkout process, this was due to the fact that the tickets were sold out. At one stage 50 orders checked out within 2 seconds.
We understand the frustration that comes with not being able to get tickets for this event. We will listen to feedback and adapt how we ticket the event next year. For example last year people said we didn’t notify them early enough, so this year we brought forward our announcement. This resulted in a much faster ticket sale.
Again, sorry if you couldn’t get a ticket and we hope to see you on an Innervisions dance floor soon."